I am excited to bring to you the opportunity to learn more about and to use essential oils! I've used oils personally for most of my life and have a passion for helping others learn more about them and their uses!
What are Essential Oils?
An essential oil is the aromatic, volatile liquid that comes from distilling flowers, shrubs, trees, roots, bushes, and seeds. Many people refer to essential oils as the lifeblood of plants because they carry oxygen and nutrients within the plant, are considered the plant's immune system, and are part of the regenerative process of the plant. Because our bodies instinctively recognize the constituents in them, we are able to use them for boosting our immunity, relaxation and better sleep, stamina and boosting energy, and for uplifting our spirit.
I personally use essentials oils and essential oil infused products every day to clean my home, nourish my skin, uplift my mood, help my family unwind at bedtime and so much more! I also love the added benefit of replacing toxic chemicals in our home with safe, nontoxic alternatives.
I'd like to personally invite you to take my 3-week essential oils email class that covers the basic information about what essential oils are, how to use them, information about some of the most popular oils, and some extra info. Just click on the green button below to enroll:
I am also personally inviting you to sign up for my newsletter, EssentialOils.Life, that I use to provide tips, tricks, and information about essential oils. Just click on the purple button below to sign up. This newsletter is separate from my Warmly Rustic newsletter.
Add your information below to sign up for my essential oils newsletter
Why use essential oils?
Other than smelling amazing, essential oils have many properties that help you feel better without any nasty or toxic chemical additives that potentially could produce annoying or dangerous side effects.
Essential oils can help with:
- occasional nausea
- headaches and pains
- reducing stress and tension
- soothe toddler/baby teething
- support healthy respiratory system
- support healthy nervous system
- support healthy digestion
- support healthy circulation
- boost the immune system
- balance emotions
- give you an all around sense of well-being
- and more...
It is so important to provide our bodies with boosters that support healthy functioning in a world where we are constantly bombarded by toxins everywhere! Essential oils truly have been a blessing to use everyday, helping my family heal from exposure to toxins, instead of just applying another "band-aid" over symptoms, and I know you can have similar results!
Here is my story with getting started.
I've been so impressed and excited about my results and the results of those I coach, that I find it too difficult not to talk about them. Therefore, I'm sharing them with everyone!
To see more about how essential oils can help veterans, click here.
How to find a good essential oil brand
There is no doubt essential oils are a hot topic today!! After hearing about France producing approximately 50 tons of true and clone Lavender while brokers end up exporting 250 tons doesn't necessarily give warm and fuzzies about knowing whether or not what you buy is what the label says it is. In fact, for an essential oil to be labeled "pure" it only needs to contain 5% essential oils. This means a 100% pure essential oil could actually be 75% vegetable oil (or 95% vegetable oil) and still fit within the legal label laws! Pure, unadulterated essential oils can be expensive because of how concentrated they are. For example, it takes anywhere from 500-2,000 pounds (or more) of a plant's material to produce just 1 (ONE) pound of essential oil!
Knowing where the plants come from... who owns the farms... who distills the plants... how the plants are treated before, during, and after they are distilled... whether or not the farm uses pesticides or herbicides... whether the company offers MS/GC testing and reports... and how long the company has been in business can all tell you an incredible amount of information about that brand and their ethics.
If you're anything like me, then you're concerned about the products you use, and need to know what you're putting on your body or in your home isn't going to be full of toxins that could create or worsen any negative health condition. Quality is important. There is more listed on this post, outlining how to choose a quality essential oil brand. Because if you're going to spend the money, you should know exactly what you're buying.
Where do you buy essential oils?
When I began buying essential oils, I (like many other people) purchased one at a time, and scoured the local stores and internet for the best prices. I quickly learned not to buy from Amazon because many of them are counterfeit and contain unwanted synthetic compounds that contradict the therapeutic use I was looking for.
I'm one of those people who need to know what is in the products I use, and like seeing transparency within the company. I shifted my purchasing to Young Living because of their transparency, dedication to what they do, incredible business culture, philanthropy, and their Seed to Seal Guarantee.
I love that Young Living oils last longer because you don't need to use as many drops as you would other brands to achieve similar results. I was (and still am) so impressed with Young Living's dedication to producing quality oils.
Once I took the plunge and ordered Young Living's Premium Starter Kit, I was hooked!!
There are two types of Young Living customers: Retail and Wholesale.
Retail customers are able to purchase all products, except for starter kits. Of course, retail customers end up paying retail prices.
There is also a wholesale option that allows you to save 24% on all the products with no strings attached. Personally, I don't like paying retail for anything, and I don't think you should either.
Purchasing a Starter Kit through Young Living will give you a 24% discount on all their products. What is the catch? To keep your discount, all you need to do is make at least one $50 order per year! There are absolutely no subscription or hidden fees!!!!!
Starter Kit options
There are several "starter kit" options for becoming a wholesale member. You also have the option to buy retail, but in all honestly, I'd rather you save the extra 24% on future purchases than I would want the 24% commission (why? because I would rather see you be healthy and save some cash while enjoying the product than to feel like I'm "price gouging"). I do believe the Premium Starter Kit with the oils (or the military version) is the best deal.
$160 for over $350 worth of pure, high quality, unadulterated oils AND a diffuser
This kit includes 5ml of frankincense, copaiba vitality, lavender, lemon vitality, and peppermint vitality. It also contains the blends: DiGize vitality, PanAway, Purification, R.C., Stress Away, and Thieves vitality. (The military version substitutes Frankincense with the AromaEase blend, which is amazing for stress and tense, sore muscles). And you get to customize your kit by choosing a diffuser! (Learn more about this kit here)
In addition to oil options with the Premium Starter Kits, there are also Theives and NingXia Red options available too.
- Thieves Premium Starter Kit contains 2 14.4 ounce bottles of Thieves cleaner, thieves AromaBright Toothpaste, Thieves Mouthwash, 2 bottles of Thieves Foaming Hand Soap, 2 bottles of Thieves Spray, 2 Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier, and 15 ml Thieves essential oil blend. These are in addition to a 5 ml bottle of Stress Away essential oil blend, a roller fitment, 12 sample packets, and some literature and resources. Thieves is nontoxic and is void of harsh chemicals. This kit option is ideal for those looking to replace harmful chemicals in the home with effective and natural alternatives!
- TheNingXia Red Premium Starter Kit contains 2 (750 ml) bottles of NingXia Red, 20 (2 fl oz each)NingXia Red single packets, and a case (14, 20 ml single serve tubes) of NingXia nitro.
- NingXia Red is a delicious blend of the extraordinary wolfberry superfruit with pure Orange, Yuzu, Lemon, and Tangerine essential oils, along with blueberry, aronia, cherry, pomegranate, and plum juices to deliver whole-body nutrient support. Enjoy NingXia Red daily to energize, fortify, and revitalize the body and support overall health and wellness!
- Sustain energy with the combination of select wolfberries and other superfruits. Contains powerful ingredients which are involved in many antioxidant processes and may help prevent against oxidative stress.
- Halal and Kosher certified in 750ml bottles (Halal Certified in 60 ml sachets)
PLUS- receive 24% discount on everything you purchase without any limits with a wholesale membership and the ability to earn FREE OILS.
AND when you purchase a premium starter kit through me, I will personally send you my favorite reference material to help get you started!!
And of course, as a customer (both wholesale and retail), you will receive access to free classes, webinars, ebooks, testimonials, exclusive Facebook support groups, and a great support network in addition to my personal support and counseling. (*** Currently I am only mailing or offering app reference guides to new customers in the US. New customers outside the US will receive my favorite e-magazine starter guide.***)
Step by step instructions on how to become a customer:
1. Enroll on Young Living's website.
2. Select Wholesale Member so you can get the 24% discount. If you select “Retail Customer” you will not receive wholesale pricing. The only requirement to maintain your wholesale membership is to make at least one $50(pv) purchase per calendar year. There are no annual fees. Wholesale members are also eligible to earn commissions and bonuses, but are in no way required to do any selling.
3. Just in case my member number does not automatically populate, it is: 1856290 – You can place this in both top boxes (labeled Enroller and Sponsor ID). If you don't use my member number, I won't be notified of your enrollment and won't be able to provide you with any assistance or references.
4. Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact info.
(It will ask for your social security number because as a wholesale customer you are eligible for making a commission, and they are required by law to disclose social security numbers for anyone who earns over $600/year. Young Living is a BBB A+ rated company who takes your privacy seriously and will not sell or disclose your personal information to anyone.)
5. Create your password and pin. You will also need to remember your pin in case you need to contact customer service in the future.
6. Select your enrollment order. This is where you can specify which starter kit you would like (there are several). You must buy one of these kits to become a Wholesale Member. (I truly believe the Premium Kit with the oils is the best value.)
7. Set up your optional Essential Rewards Program (ER).
** Buying one of the ER kits is not required to sign up as a Wholesale Member. This is a rewards program you can opt into where you can earn store credit to buy more oils at any time (or opt out of at any time). At this point, you can skip this step by selecting “No, thank you. I plan on enrolling in the Essential Rewards Program later,” or if one of the ER kits looks valuable to you, then go for it! I use the Essential Rewards Program and LOVE it (Actually just cashed in my points for close to $200 worth of product)! You're even allowed to change the products in your monthly order, allowing you to buy different oils and products each month, not just the rewards kits!
8. Agree to Terms and Conditions.
9. CONFIRM YOUR ORDER. Many people miss this step, and end up not fully checking out.
Shortly after I receive confirmation of your new account, I will send you a welcome email with links to resources. If you get stuck along the way, have any questions, you are welcome to email me at nicole [at] warmlyrustic [dot] com